Monday, March 10, 2008

Obedience by Will Lavender

Obedience, by Will Lavender, is a first novel by a Lexington, Ky., resident. Set in the fictional college/university of Winchester in Indiana, the plot revolves around the mysterious “Professor” Williams’ assignment to his logic and reasoning class to find a young woman in six weeks or she will be murdered. The style bounces from the thoughts of one student, to another, to another. Although, I’ve only just begun the novel, it is definitely different from the usual popular novels. I think I will enjoy it because of its “differentness”, although I don’t appreciate the stereotypical casting of the one student from Kentucky or the name Williams being used for the Professor. The only patron I know who has read it did notn care for it. How about trying it for yourself?
-Anniesse

No comments: