Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Great mystery now on to romance

Finished Crime & Clutter last night. The mystery was from Mary Alice's past and with the help of her friends she follows the clues to finding out about the father she did not really remember since he went away when she was an infant. The clues follow the flower child and protest events of the 60's so for many this would be a trip down memory lane. I graduated high school in the 70's and so this was news when I was old enough to pay attention, but I was not in college when the "movement" was the big thing. Still, the historic references created that feeling of closeness with the people in the story. I have not tried the recipes just yet but I did copy down some and one in particular looks really good "When Life gets Sticky, dip it in Chocolate Cookies."
I will look for Salzman's Dying to Decorate soon, but first I found a new Johanna Lindsey Regency romance - The Devil Who Tamed Her, which sounds like a real good read for the 4th of July weekends - I know it is in the middle this time and the library is only closed on Wednesday - but weekends are for seriously fun reading! Right?
donna =)

No comments: