Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Summer Reading favorites to share





Central City Library re-opened on June 3, 2007 with a crowd of over 200 on Sunday afternoon. Summer Reading program begins this Wednesday and Thursday in our all new children's programming area. Preparing for Get a Clue programs, I re-read an old friend of mine, Trixie Belden #7 The Mysterious Code. It was originally published in 1961 when I was 8. Yes, I said old friend. I loved that series even better than Nancy Drew or the Hardy Boys, although I read many from each of those two series also. Trixie had a club Bob Whites of the Glen, she had two kind parents and three brothers. I liked her family and friends as well as her mysteries. The acrobatic alphabet in the Mysterious Code was a special treat and I did find a friend back then to write notes with. Lots of good memories there.

If you have a favorite book or character from childhood, share it with a child this summer. They need to know what books made memories for you. Pass on your love of reading...share a title or a character today!


ds

No comments: